Defend your business against data breaches and reassure customers that you are working to secure your IT against cyber attacks.
Cyber Essentials & IASME Certification
What We Do
With our IASME Governance certifications and involvement with the Cyber Essentials scheme, you can trust that you’re in the right hands when you come to Cyber Sharp IT for cyber security services in the West Midlands. We adhere to all of the proper standards as set by government regulators and give you the peace of mind that you need when running a business dependent on computer systems.
We’re also qualified IASME assessors, so if you need to obtain an IASME or Cyber Essentials certification for your own company, the team at Cyber Sharp IT can help you to get where you need to be as quickly as possible.
Our team of experts are here to assist you with all of your cyber security needs, and can provide the full range of technical support alongside our Cyber Essentials offering. If you’re thinking of tightening your cyber security for your business, the team at Cyber Sharp IT are here to help. With vast experience working in the industry and the skills necessary to protect you and your business from online attacks, we’re able to give you the peace of mind you need when operating any business network.
How To Demonstrate Your Businesses Commitment To Cyber Security.
Through A Government Backed & Recognised Standard You Can Demonstrate Your Businesses Commitment To Cyber Security.
Cyber Essentials is a government backed scheme that will help you to protect your organisation against a whole range of the most common cyber-attacks.
All size businesses are now a target for cyber crime. It has never been more critical for businesses to deliver and maintain high levels of cyber security. As a business it is important that you protect your data from hackers and to ensure your computers and systems are safe and protected from cyber threats.
For more information please download our free Cyber Essentials guide.
Protect you and your business from online attacks
Call 01384 686297 or email [email protected] to get the process started, or use our easy online contact form today.
Choose Your Cyber Essentials Packages
* Cyber insurance available to UK companies with a turnover of less than £20M. (Terms and Conditions Apply)
** Remote support limited to ½ day via telephone, email or video conferencing. Additional days are available at our standard rate.
*** On-site support limited to 1 day. Additional on-site days are available and chargeable at our standard rate.
Frequently asked questions
What is Cyber Essentials?
The Cyber Essentials scheme is a UK government-backed framework supported by the NCSC (National Cyber Security Centre). It sets out five basic security controls that can protect organisations against 80% of common cyber attacks.
The scheme is designed to help organisations of any size demonstrate their commitment to cyber security – while keeping the approach simple and the costs low.
The Cyber Essentials certification process is managed by the IASME Consortium (IASME), which licenses certification bodies to carry out Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus certifications.
Where can I find documents which describe the full requirements for the Cyber Essentials scheme?
Can I see the self-assessment questions before i pay for an assessment?
What is covered in Cyber Essentials?
1. Firewalls – Firewalls determine who has permission to access your system and prevents those without permission from accessing your networks. A good setup will help to keep external threats from gaining access to your systems.
2. Secure configuration – Computers and network devices should be configured to only provide the services required, minimising the number of vulnerabilities. This will help to prevent unauthorised actions and minimise the information accessible to internet sites.
3. User access control – Access to your data and services should be kept to a minimum to prevent hackers from having open access. Accounts with access privileges should only be assigned to authorised individuals, provide only the necessary access, and should be reviewed regularly.
4. Malware protection – Your business should be protected against malicious software that could gain access to files, steal information, damage data or prevent access until a fee is paid. Having malware protection and virus removal software in place will help to protect information.
5. Patch Management – Cyber attackers often target well known technical vulnerabilities. Proper patch management should ensure that vulnerabilities in systems are patched and updated as soon as they are identified.
Why do I need Cyber Essentials?
1. Be listed on the NCSC’s database
Cyber Essentials certificates issued in the previous 12 months will be displayed on the NCSC website, showing suppliers your commitment to protecting your and your customers’ data.
2. Demonstrate supply chain security
Achieving Cyber Essentials certification will help you demonstrate your commitment to data protection and cyber security.
3. Prevent around 80% of cyber attacks
By correctly implementing the five basic security controls, the Cyber Essentials scheme will help you reduce the impact of such threats as:
* Phishing attacks
* Password-guessing attacks
* Network attacks
4. Work with the UK government and MOD
Cyber Essentials will permit you to work with the UK government and Cyber Essentials Plus will allow you to work with the MOD.
5. Win new business
Boost your reputation and attract new business by assuring customers you take cyber security seriously and have cyber security measures in place.